Tuesday night Zap Fitness hosted our second Business After Hours of the season. Located just a short drive from downtown Blowing Rock, Zap Fitness is a non-profit training center for post-collegiate, Olympic hopeful distance runners. We enjoyed a great spread of food beverages from their on site Chef. Peter and Zika Rea were able to tell the story of Zap Fitness to a great crowd of over 60 attendees, most of which had never before been to the Zap Fitness Training Facility. Zap Provides an amazing Facility for training world class runners while also:
- Financially supporting 8-10 post-collegiate distance runners in their efforts to make World Championship and Olympic Teams
- Developing the physical talent necessary for success in a competitive environment
- Teaching mental and emotional skills necessary for success in a competitive environment
- Developing individual professional skills for benefit in post-competitive years
- Providing role models for America’s youth by promoting an active healthy lifestyle as well as promote achievement
- Providing an environment for achievement in running for all levels of runners
Our next Business After Hours networking event is May 15th at Blowing Work Frameworks and Gallery. We hope to see you there!